In the Samara region, on the Samara Luka (in the bend of the Volga river), between the Kuibyshev and Saratov reservoirs, the state natural Zhiguli reserve is located.
The Zhiguli State Nature Reserve, with an area of 2500 hectares, was organized in 1927. In 1932, the Seredysh and Shalyga Islands were annexed. In 1935 – the first renaming: the reserve became “Kuibyshevsky”. Its area began to be 10,000 hectares. Zhiguli Reserve The attitude to natural resources in the USSR was different than today. Continue reading